Bill Summary & Status for the 106th Congress
SEARCH | HOME | HELP
Pallone, Frank, Jr. (introduced 11/9/1999)
Latest Major Action:
11/17/1999 Referred to House subcommittee
Title: To amend
part C of title XVIII to provide for an improved methodology for the calculation
of Medicare+Choice payment rates.
Jump to: Titles,
Bill Details, Amendments,
TITLE(S): (italics indicate a title for a
portion of a bill)
- SHORT TITLE(S) AS INTRODUCED:
Medicare Beneficiaries' Choice
Protection Act of 1999
- OFFICIAL TITLE AS INTRODUCED:
To amend part C of title XVIII to
provide for an improved methodology for the calculation of Medicare+Choice
STATUS: (color indicates Senate actions)
- Referred to the Committee on Ways and Means, and in addition to the
Committee on Commerce, for a period to be subsequently determined by the
Speaker, in each case for consideration of such provisions as fall within the
jurisdiction of the committee concerned.
- Referred to House Ways and Means
- Referred to the Subcommittee on Health.
- Referred to House Commerce
- Referred to the Subcommittee on Health and Environment.
RELATED BILL DETAILS:
SUMMARY AS OF:
Medicare Beneficiaries' Choice Protection Act of 1999 - Amends part C
(Medicare+Choice) of title XVIII (Medicare) of the Social Security Act to
provide for establishment of a payment floor for Medicare+Choice payment rates
after applying a specified risk-adjustment methodology.